ATLANTA 4 AFRICA: SUPERHEROES 4 ORPHANS
Saturday, November 4, 2017
Georgia Tech • Tech Green • Ferst Drive, Atlanta, GA 30332
Day of Instructions
Throughout the morning, enjoy light refreshments and music.
- 8:00: Arrival/Parking
- 9:00: 5K Run Starts
- 9:15: 5k Walk Starts
- 10:00 Awards
To be announced.
Sign Waiver/ Packet Drop off
Please print and complete the following waiver and bring the day of.
EVERY SUPERHERO HAS A COSTUME – DON’T FORGET YOURS!
*Please note: registration is not required for those wanting to walk.
Please stay for the post-race events:
Awards ceremony and costume prizes.
T-shirts will be sold the day of the events for $10.
Facebook “Atlanta 4 Africa” page: https://www.facebook.com/Atlanta4Africa/
WALK DAY TIPS:
- Walkers or wheelchairs are welcome if necessary
- Health: Please do not walk if you have cardiac or respiratory disease
- Wear comfortable closed-toed footwear
- Keep valuables in your car, or leave them with a friend or partner attending the event
- Wear sunscreen even if it’s overcast
- If your costume is in the wash after last night’s crazy night of fighting villains and saving the world, you may want to wear a Superheroes 4 Orphans t-shirt (available for purchase the day of)
- Choose lightweight, loose-fitting clothing, unless, as a true superhero, you choose to wear spandex
- Water will be provided at the aid station, but if you have a special hydration need, you may want to bring a water bottle
- Bring a buddy to walk or run the course and enjoy the entertainment with
- Please use the restroom prior to arrival, we have limited porta-potty facilities, however if an emergency arises you may use the ones near the Student Center
HOPE worldwide Africa would like to invite you to participate in an exciting Atlanta4Africa 5 Km Walk/Run to raise funds to provide care and support for orphans in Africa. Tau Alpha Omega at Georgia Tech will host the 5 km Walk/Run at Tech Green at 9 am on Saturday, November 4, 2017. The theme of the event will be “Superheroes for Orphans” since many of our superheroes were orphans themselves at one time and we want to be superheroes for the orphans in Africa that are so easily forgotten. We would like to invite your company to walk in the event or donate funds for the orphans in Africa or support the volunteers who will walk at the event.
The orphan epidemic in Africa due to AIDS continues to grow and UNICEF has estimated that there are 18,000,000 orphans in Africa that now face increasingly desperate challenges due to lack of health care, education, nutrition, child protection, and increasing poverty. Millions of young girls are now at risk of rape, abuse, and violence. HOPE worldwide has worked with orphans in Africa for 20 years and it has provided care and support to over 170,000 orphans and vulnerable children in Kenya, Ivory Coast, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, and South Africa.Corporate Sponsors click hereFunding contributed for the orphans will supply food, educational materials, health care, staff salaries training, capacity building and program development for these programs in Africa. Donations can be made by cash, check (payable to HOPE worldwide with “Atlanta 4 Africa Walk” in the memo) or credit card online at hopeww.org/superheroes. All supporters will receive an official receipt in the mail from HOPE worldwide to keep for tax purposes. Please visit hopewwafrica.org, check us out on Facebook or contact us for more information.
Dr. Mark Ottenweller
Director of Development
HOPE worldwide Africa
Do I need to be an amazing athlete to do this?
What is the cost to register?
However, anyone is welcome to participate in the walk free of charge. We would love your help in raising funds. Here is a link to the online fundraising website: https://superheroes4orphans.causevox.com/